This privacy notice sets out the ways in which MCR Finest Ltd, company number 08484390, (Manchester’s Finest) collects, processes and shares your personal data.
What information does Manchester’s Finest collect?
Manchester’s Finest may collect, process and use the email address you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletter or other forms of email communications.
Manchester’s Finest may collect, process and use the following information that you provide when you sign up for, or purchase, tickets for events:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- your payment card information; and
- other information you provide during the booking process.
Manchester’s Finest may collect, process and use the following information about you when you use our website:
- your IP address;
- pages visited;
- links clicked on;
- visitor numbers; and
- other information that is collected using tools such as Google analytics.
What is your data used for?
Manchester’s Finest processes your personal data in the following ways, and on the following legal bases:
- to send you our newsletter where you have signed up for it. Manchester’s Finest does this on the legal bases that:
- it is necessary in order to perform Manchester’s Finest’s agreement with you, as it has agreed to provide you with information about events, restaurants, bars and other experiences around Manchester; and
- it is in Manchester’s Finest’s legitimate interest to continue sending the newsletter to you.
- your name, telephone and email address for the purposes of sending you direct electronic marketing about specific third-party events, restaurants, bars and other experiences. Manchester’s Finest will only do this if you have given your consent. You may opt-out of receiving this (or specific parts of this) at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by changing your preferences;
- to carry out Manchester’s Finest’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Manchester’s Finest and you, for example to take payment, or to book an event or experience;
- to send you a confirmation emails or text messages to verify and confirm your contact details and the details about events, restaurants, bars and other experiences that you have signed up for. This is:
- necessary for the performance of Manchester’s Finest’s contract with you so that it can provide you with your booking details;
- in Manchester’s Finest’s legitimate interests to ensure that the contact details contained in its mailing list are kept accurate and up to date; and
- in Manchester’s Finest’s legitimate interests to ensure that you are kept up to date with your booking details;
- to enhance your experience of the Manchester’s Finest website and newsletter, it does this as it is in its legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the best experience possible;
- to optimise your experience of the types of direct electronic marketing that Manchester’s Finest sends you (where you have consented to it). Manchester’s Finest does this on the basis that it is necessary in Manchester’s Finest’s legitimate interest
- to ensure that such marketing is of interest and use to you;
- Manchester’s Finest uses tools such as Google Analytics to analyse marketing data and/or third-party audience data to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and website content; and
- data held within Google Analytics will be automatically deleted every 50 months
- any other purposes where Manchester’s Finest has obtained your consent to do so
Manchester’s Finest does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending electronic direct marketing communications to you about specific events, restaurants, bars and other experiences.
Manchester’s Finest may use your information in an anonymised and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data so that it can enhance its IT systems, website or newsletter, and to carry out research (including on individuals’ preferences around events, restaurants, bars and other experiences). It may share this anonymised and/or aggregated data with third parties, but you will not be identifiable from any such data.
Manchester’s Finest may review your personal data if it has reason to believe that the information has been provided inappropriately, unlawfully or illegally. Manchester’s Finest does this on the basis that it is necessary in its legitimate interest to ensure that the website is being used appropriately, lawfully and legally.
Disclosing information to third parties
Manchester’s Finest does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties other than as set out in this privacy notice.
Manchester’s Finest provides your personal data:
- to selected third party providers in order to process and deliver your bookings and to send you the newsletter, for example restaurants, bars and event providers, ticketing platforms and web-mailing providers;
- to selected marketing agencies and hosting companies; and
Manchester’s Finest doesn’t allow third-parties to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Manchester’s Finest will only transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to organisations who have adequate safeguards in place to ensure the security of your personal data.
Manchester’s Finest will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- if Manchester’s Finest sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Manchester’s Finest will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset;
- if Manchester’s Finest or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if Manchester’s Finest is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Manchester’s Finest, you or any third party, and to investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement Manchester’s Finest has with you. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Manchester’s Finest may pass your personal data to third parties in a statistical and/or aggregated manner in order to analyse the data. Manchester’s Finest will always ensure that you are not identifiable from any such data.
Manchester’s Finest may otherwise share your information as directed by you or subject to your consent.
Protecting your personal data
Manchester’s Finest has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, it limits access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and in accordance with this privacy notice. They will only process your personal data in accordance with Manchester’s Finest’s instructions.
Manchester’s Finest has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where it is legally required to do so.
You play an important role in keeping your information secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interactions are no longer secure, then please contact email@example.com.
Holding your personal data
Manchester’s Finest will retain your data for as long as it needs to hold it in order to provide you with our newsletter and to improve, analyse and optimise your customer experience.
Personal data will be reviewed by Manchester’s Finest every 6 months. If a user is seen to have not opened our email for more than 6 months their data will be removed from our database.
It may also retain your data for further periods where it needs to do so in order comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (including keeping certain records for VAT purposes), to carry out audits, to detect and prevent fraud, to enforce contracts or to resolve any disputes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Manchester’s Finest considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which Manchester’s Finest processes your personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Where Manchester’s Finest relies on consent as the condition for processing your personal data, for example for sending you electronic direct marketing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have various statutory rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, you have the right to:
- object to direct marketing communications at any time;
- request and obtain access to your personal data;
- rectification or erasure of your personal data, in certain circumstances;
- object to or restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- have your personal data stored in a manner in which it is portable from the environment in which it is stored by Manchester’s Finest to another environment; and
- file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs, such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, improving your site experience and ensuring that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you. These “cookies” can be divided into 4 types each of which is outlined below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential for the operation of the Manchester’s Finest website in order to enable it to function properly, such as remembering order details and allowing you to access secure or exclusive areas of the website.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
This type collects anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable Manchester’s Finest to improve how the site operates. They allow Manchester’s Finest to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
For example, the website utilises Google Analytics cookies to help Manchester’s Finest understand how customers arrive at the website, how they browse or use the website and highlight areas for improvement such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies help Manchester’s Finest to improve the way its website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to the website and to personalise content and remember your preferences. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information is also merged with other users on an anonymous basis to improve how the website operates.
Category 4: Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the pages you have visited and the links you have clicked on. This is used to make the website and adverts more relevant to your interests.
This information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, Manchester’s Finest uses 3rd party companies such as Criteo to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
Changes to Privacy Notice
If Manchester’s Finest decides to change this privacy notice, any changes will be posted on this page.
This privacy notice was last modified on 3rd May 2018.
If you wish to contact Manchester’s Finest in relation to this privacy notice, including in relation to any of the rights set out in section 7 above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.