Selfridges Trafford Centre, Manchester, hosts Meet the Home Experts event
Thursday 31 March – Sunday 3 April, 2011
Shoppers will have the chance to meet interiors experts, enjoy interactive home ware demonstrations, and experience the hottest home trends and creations from the industry’s leading lights in interiors at Selfridges Trafford Centre, Manchester, ‘Meet the Home Experts’ event, from Thursday 31 March until Sunday 3 April, 2011.
· High profile designer Orla Kiely will be available to answer home-styling queries and signing copies of her book Pattern between 1 and 2pm.
· Yves Delorme, internationally acclaimed French linen bedding specialists, will be hosting its ‘Trunk Road Show’ between 6pm and 10pm.
· Geraldine James will be in store from 6:30pm until 7:30pm signing her new book Creative Walls, which looks at creating character, charm and elegance in any home.
· Petit Pois Cakes will be launching its gluten-free, low-calorie cakes with a secret ingredient: vegetables. Founders Harry Eastwood and Ashley Maddox will be in store from 6pm until 7pm.
· Reidel Glassware will be hosting a wine-taste comparison event to show how different glasses and decanters can influence the flavour of wine from 6pm until 8pm. Tickets are priced at £10 per person, which is redeemable against Reidal purchases at the event.
· Harry Eastwood, star of Channel 4’s Cook Yourself Thin will also be in store, signing copies of her new book, Skinny French Kitchen, to help turn even the most hapless cooks into a gourmet gods and goddess.
Jeff Johnson, General Manager of Selfridges Trafford, Manchester, said: “Our homes department is a treasure trove of fabulous items. Selfridges is bringing together a wealth of fantastic, well-researched advice and guidance from our own experts and key suppliers to encourage people to take a fresh look at what is in their home and try something new.”
Each day leading interior brands will offer exclusive gifts to Selfridges’ consumers, including Cath Kidston, Orla Kiely, Diptyque, Penhaligons, Newgate Clocks, Aspinals and Reidel Glassware.