With new run dates from Thursday 3 December 2020 – Sunday 10th January 2021
Following the Government’s announcement of a national lockdown in England, Lightopia is now opening its award-winning and visually spectacular lantern and light festival, at Heaton Park, on Thursday 3rd December, extending its run until Sunday 10th January – and now open every day, except Christmas Day.
Those ticket holders whose booking has been affected have been informed directly and advised on all their options, including moving their booking to another date in December, or being offered a refund.
Lightopia is currently working with local authorities, in accordance with government guidelines, to create its socially distanced festive spectacular in Manchester.
Lightopia showcases unique interactive and immersive lights and lanterns with new installations and a brand-new route for guests to explore for 2020.
The new route has been designed to create a safe environment, where visitors are able to see the sights safely with friends and family; there will be wider footpaths to maintain social distancing, a one-way system, three entry points to reduce queuing and direct access to two car parks.
Lightopia has also implemented further measures to ensure all steps are taken to keep visitors safe, including:
• NHS Test and Trace: QR codes will be displayed at multiple locations on the trail.
• Social Distancing: Shall be mandatory at the event at all times.
• One Way System: The Lightopia trail is one direction only.
• Prebooked Tickets Only: Trail tickets are only available to prebook online.
• Contactless Ticket Scanning: All ticket scanning will be contactless on entry to the event.
• Card Payments Only: Vendors and car parks will only accept card payments.
• No Alcohol: Following latest government guidance no alcohol is permitted onsite.
• Quick Food and Drink: All food & drink on the trail will be takeaway only.
• Hand Hygiene: Hand sanitising stations will be located throughout the trail.
• Increased Cleansing: All facilities, surfaces and touch points will be cleaned regularly.
• Increased Stewards: Increased number of stewards on our route to manage social distancing and assist with any visitor queries onsite.
With Christmas very much the theme for this year’s light and lantern festival, Lightopia will use the stunning Grade I-listed Heaton Hall as its sparkling backdrop for all its festive merriment.
Enjoy the most wonderful time of the year at Lightopia, featuring a 10-metre illuminated Christmas tree, pass by Santa’s sleigh and make your own festive soundtrack with a giant interactive walking piano.
Lightopia at Heaton Park
Dates: Thursday 3rd December until Sunday 10th January
Times: 5pm to 10pm daily
Cost: £20 Adults, £13 Child, £60 Families (2 adults, 2 children)
Children under 3 go free.Essential carers of disabled visitors can attend for free; the disabled visitor pays the normal admission fee.
Key Workers: 20% discount off the standard ticket price, when using code KEY20