Sandinista are offering FREE tapas with every drink purchased on Friday evenings - a fantastic way to celebrate the end of work and the beginning of the weekend.
It is said that the first tapa was simply a hunk of bread which was placed over your glass to keep the flies out. Hence the word ‘tapas’ was born. Tapa literally meaning ‘cover’ or ‘lid’.
As the tradition developed, tapas became more of an elaborate event, with each region developing their own specialities. They were still 'little dishes' but the personalities of thousands of bar owners all over Spain have stamped them with the identities that they have today.
Sandinista have always believed it is better to eat in a bar than drink in a restaurant. As such, they are keen to continue this tradition with their free tapas, with dishes rotated week by week, Spain inspired drinks deals and a soundtrack of Sandinista classics.
They will typically feature 3 or 4 of the following classic tapas dishes each week on Friday:
- Ropa Vieja, Cuban beef stew, soft taco
- Sliced steak with chimichurri on toasted baguette
- Rum sauce pork belly skewers
- Green Mojo and chicken quesadillas
- Empanadas filled with chicken, cheese and Amarillo chili stew
- Brazilian style fish cakes
- Manchego cheese and raspberry coulis on toasted baguette
- Goat cheese and anchovies on toast cheese
- Artichoke and sun blushed tomato croquettes
- Roasted chorizo with agave, red wine, red onions on toasted baguette
- Pear, feta cheese and prosciutto on crostini bread
- Mini burritos
- Chicken and pineapple bruschetta with agave
On top of this, Sandinista will be offering a selection of fantastic drinks deals including Spanish Gin and Tonic (£5), Sherry Spritzer (£5), Sangria (£4), Wine and Bottles of Sol for only £3.
Head on down to Sandinista every Friday between 5pm and 9pm to take advantage of the free tapas and drinks offers.
Sandinista, 2 Old Bank St, City Centre, Manchester M2 7PF
0161 832 9955