On the evening of Wednesday 14th September, Glossop's Hyssop, a restaurant that managed to get themselves onto the Michelin Guide, was completely devastated by a fire that started in a tumble dryer.
As they wait to get the ball rolling on rebuilding the business completely from scratch, they've launched a Crowdfunder to help keep the finances afloat to pay bills and staff going forward in the coming months.
Just as many other independent businesses in the current economic climate, Hyssop survives week-by-week, with any loss of earnings catastrophic to their future.
The Crowdfunder will look to raise some funds to enable them to make part of the devastated space at least functional in order to trade some way or another - to keep things ticking along and help with the rebuild.
It's such a huge shame, for what has been one of the most talked about restaurants for ages, and a venue we recently visited with our 'Suggested By You' series. It's the embodiment of, as owner and Head Chef Paul describes, "super fresh and super seasonal menus" - which are always changing to ensure that no two trips to Hyssop will ever be the same.
Once they're back up on their feet again, Hyssop is well worth the half-hour train journey over to Glossop to try some of their outstanding plates. In the meantime, head on over to their Crowfunder and help any way you can…