Eat Well MCR has announced details of a charity raffle with an absolutely mega foodie prize up for grabs. One winner of the raffle will get their mitts on 11 prizes including dinner at nine of the North West’s best restaurants.
The raffle is part of the not-for-profit’s annual charity dinner in association with hospitality conference the Northern Restaurant and Bar Exhibition (NRB2023). The dinner winner will be announced on 14 March, the day after the fundraising event.
Money raised from tickets purchased will help fund Eat Well MCR’s tireless work delivering meals to people facing food poverty in the Manchester region. The organisation was first set up in 2020 when many of the region’s chefs found they had food that was going to go to waste due to enforced lockdowns. Finding themselves at a loose end, a group of Manchester’s hospitality professionals got involved as volunteers cooking and delivering meals to help those in need. Their work feeding people in need of a meal in Manchester continues today.
Their incredible work alone is reason to buy a raffle ticket but check out the details of the prize. One lucky winner can walk away with everything on this list:
- Dinner for two at Australasia, Manchester
- £75 Voucher for OSMA, Prestwich (Dani Heron – NW, GBM Season 2023)
- £100 Voucher for 10 Tib Lane, Manchester
- Meal for two at ARMR at Contact Theatre, Manchester
- Dinner and drinks for two at Belzan, Liverpool (Sam Grainger – NW, GBM Season 2023)
- Dinner and drinks for four at Madre, Manchester
- Loaf of sourdough bread, bottle of wine and a unique piece of Joe Hartley pottery from Yellowhammer, Stockport
- £100 to spend at The Packhorse at Hayfield
- £150 voucher for the Edinburgh Castle, Ancoats Manchester
- Set of three jars of Rice Over Everything’s chilli oils
- £50 to spend at Erst, Ancoats Manchester
The dinners up for grabs include those from chefs and restaurants that have appeared in the Michelin Guide, been cooked by Great British Menu contestants, won National Restaurant and Manchester Food and Drink Festival Awards, and appeared in the 50 Best Gastropubs.
You can also support Eat Well MCR by buying a ticket to the fundraising dinner which will be held at Australasia on Monday 13 March. This is the second year running a Living Ventures Group restaurant has generously hosted the event with no costs to Eat Well MCR, maximising donations to fund meals. The multi-course evening is always a spectacular event with chefs cooking a course each this year including Andrew Carter (Australasia), Beth Hammond (Yellowhammer), Dani Heron (OSMA), Joe White (10 Tib Lane), Luke Payne (The Packhorse), May Kyi Noo (Rice Over Everything), Patrick Withington (Erst), Raphale Swaby (ARMR), Sam Grainger (Belzan), Shaun Moffatt (Edinburgh Castle). Tickets for the dinner are £120 which includes welcomed drinks, canapes, at least six courses and limited wine.