Date: Wednesday 28th of March 2012
Doors: 6:30 pm
Talk: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm + 15 minutes of Q+A with the audience.
Location: Upstairs Bar, Revolution, 90-94 Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 5WH
- Donna Hill – PR & marketing manager for Jacobson Group
Jacobson Group own brands such as Gola, Ravel and Dunlop. Read about Donna and her job role on TFNs ‘Get The Job’ article.
- Charlotte Cooper – Press Officer – Missguided
Charlotte is the press office for young fashion e-tailer MissGuided. Charlotte has a strong background in PR, working at companies such as Boohoo.com and Debenhams. Charlotte has also undertaken several internships at various national/fashion publications .
- Jemma Volp-Fletcher PR Director – Think Publicity
Jemma is PR director at Fashion and Lifestyle agency Think Publicity. Clients include Hugo Boss, Rare, Boodles and H+M. Think publicity are responsible for campaigns such as Girl band The Saturday designing a range for Rare.
More information here: The Saturdays For Rare.
- More panel TBA
About the event
Do you see yourself marketing a luxe fashion house or does working on a PR account for a high street brand more suit you? If this is the area of the fashion industry you want to succeed in, then join us at our Making It in to PR and Marketing talkl as our panel of experts discuss how to launch your career in PR and Marketing.
PR and Marketing is an area studied by many, but not conquered by all. If you know you have got what it takes and just need a few inside industry hints and tips, come and listen to our panel of experts chat about their experiences about how they made it in the industry as they give their advice of how to ‘make it’ in today’s tough climate!
So come along and meet industry professionals so you can hear firsthand what makes a good PR and Marketing individual.
This is a one time opportunity to gain invaluable advice from professionals that have been in your position and gone on to successfully secure respected industry position.
• A day in the life
• PR or Marketing: Which is the one for you?
• Skills Needed
• What Experience or Education do you need?
• How to get your dream job
• Top Tips
• Plus Q&A opportunities from the audience
Who should attend?
Anyone who is…..
• Considering studying PR or Marketing
• Currently studying PR and Marketing
• Wanting to learn how to PR and Market fashion.
• Currently running their own label and need PR and Marketing advice.
• Who wants to understand more about the process of PR and Marketing
• Wanting to learn how the industry works.
If you think this event might be for you, it probably is.
How to buy tickets?
- Students: £6.00 –bookable on the ‘reserve your place’ button.
You must produce valid NUS or student card on arrival. You can book online below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place and pay later
- Lecturers or members of a university or college: Tickets £6.00 – bookable on the ‘reserve your place’ button.
If you would like to make group bookings for your students contact email@example.com
- Industry: £10.00 – To make payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MFN OFFER: Sign up to all five for £25.00 by contacting email@example.com
This event is part of The Future Generation Series and is not eligible to Free Members Tickets. Full and Premium Members can receive 20% off Industry tickets. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Once you have paid online this will automatically secure you place and your name will be added to the guest list. Any questions should be directed email@example.com
Note: This event is part of The Future Generation Series and is a paid event for all members of TFN.
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON…
Ticket Disclaimer: Please note TFN event ticket sales are non-refundable. You can however carry this ticket over to another TFN event of equal value.