To ensure that the family portrait is nothing less than perfect, the five-star Lowry Hotel has been busy training their staff, with the help of a professional photographer, to capture photos of hotel guests in the best lighting, setting and the most flattering photo angle.
Due to the success of the bespoke graduation packages last year, The Lowry Hotel has revamped the package to include graduates eating for free when dining at The River Restaurant, half-price rooms for graduates and hotel staff trained by the professionals to take the perfect picture.
Adrian Ellis, The Lowry Hotel’s General Manager, said: “Graduation is a momentous occasion for any student and at the hotel, we always want to give our guests the five-star treatment.
“The hotel is thrilled with the number of graduates checking into the hotel each year as it is a privilege to be part of such a significant day for them.
“We want to make sure that our staff are trained to help with any guest request, which is why we felt it was important for them to be trained by the professionals to ensure that they can capture the picture-perfect portrait of the graduates and their families.”
The Lowry Hotel’s top tips for taking the perfect photo:
- Lighting is everything – find the best natural lighting to create a great glow
- Filter- over filtered and overexposed images are a no, no, even if it is easy to get carried away with filters and editing apps.
- Multiple photos – change your positioning and angles to give yourself a variation of photo options
- Background distraction – ensure that there are no distracting obstacles in the background, no one wants any attention to be taken away from the family photo.
- It’s all about the perfect angle – believe it or not, everyone has a best side. To take the perfect family selfie, hold the phone so that the bottom of it is level with your eyes.
The Lowry Hotel, 50 Dearmans Place, Chapel Wharf, Manchester. M3 5LH
+44 161 827 4000