Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct at Manchester’s Finest
Who can complain?
- Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved.
- In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
- You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio/video content.
- You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee, with reference to specific (if any) clauses of the Code which are in breach.
- Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within four months of being published.
- We will endeavour to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
- We will confirm receipt of the complaint within seven working days by contacting the complainant via email.
- All complaints will be dealt with by the editor of the publication that published the article, and/or the employer of the named individual.
- The editor will investigate the complaint to the best of his/her ability, in respect of the Code of Conduct, and respond accordingly.
- If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the suggested resolution, the complaint will be referred to independent arbitration.
All information provided to Manchester’s Finest will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If any person feels we have breached the code in anyway, and would like to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org in accordance with the following steps:
- All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
- Please include the URL of the article if possible, and/or link to any image or video.
- A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, instances, dates and records that are relevant, and which clauses of the Code of conduct you believe we have breached.