- 1kg Beef Stewing Steak - 2 Tablespoons of Oil - 2 Large Onions - 8 Cloves Garlic, Whole, Peeled - 2 Bay Leaves - 1 Sprig Thyme - 150ml Red Wine - 1 Beef Stock Pot / Cubes / Bouillon - Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1. Place an oven proof casserole on the heat and add in your oil, bring up to temperature and then add in your steak, colouring evenly, dust with your corn flour and cook out until brown all over
2. Add in your Herbs, Onions, Garlic and seasoning and cook for a further five minutes.
3. De glaze the dish with your red wine and reduce until two thirds of the volume, add in your bouillon, cover the contents with water pop a lid on and cook low and slow for 5 hours at 150c
Yorkshire Pudding Ingredients
Equal Quantities: - Eggs - Plain Flour, sifted - Milk
Yorkshire Pudding Method
1. Take a mug that you normal have a brew in, fill it with flour (Dry First) pass through a sieve and add into a food processor, fill the same cup with eggs and add to the processor, then add the same quantity of milk, season with a little table salt
2. Blitz and leave to sit in the fridge for an hour.
3. Pre-Heat your oven to 190 and add a large bowl or Yorkshire Pudding tin if you have one add a generous amount of oil and heat until smoking.
4. Pour in the Yorkshire Pudding batter and cook until risen an golden............................ woodrestaurantgroup.com