Tattu's black pepper and honey ribs were a hugely popular dish when they introduced them onto the menu back in 2018. Working on new dishes seasonally, Tattu's menus tend to change a lot, and as a result these ribs haven't been on the menu for a while now, so co-owner Drew Jones has been kind enough to show us how to make them from his home kitchen whist we're all still in lockdown.
It’s a fun recipe that is easy to follow and packed full of flavour. Drew has no 'official' cooking experience and says he just has a passion for food, and that if he can take on his chefs' recipes and complete them to a high standard, then anyone can give it a go.
Ingredients (2 portions)
– Pork of Beef Ribs
– 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
– 2 Red Chillis (finely chopped)
– 2 teaspoons Coarse Black Pepper
– 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
– 50ml Kikkoman Soy Sauce
– 4 tablespoons Honey
– 200ml Chicken Stock
– Olive Oil
– 5cm Ginger (finely sliced)
– 100g Lemongrass (pounded)
– 25ml Mirin
– 100ml Rice wine
– Limes (freshly squeezed into sauce).
– Spring onion, 2 stems
– Add the ribs to a frying pan on a high heat for 5 minutes until golden.
– Add seasoning and spices, garlic, chilli and ginger, heat for a further 5 minutes.
– Add sauces to the pan and bring to the boil until reduced to a coating over the ribs.
– Take the ribs and sauce and place in a baking tray. Place in the oven for 45 minutes at 180 degrees, turning the ribs at the halfway point.
– After bringing out of the oven place the ribs back into a hot pan for a 2-3 minutes to finish off the dish.
– Garnish with freshly chopped chillies and spring onion
We’d love to see your home creations, tag #TattutoYou on social to get featured.
Tattu, Gartside Street, 3 Hardman Square, Spinningfields, Manchester, M3 3EB
0161 819 2060