McDonald's have released the recipe for their greatest breakfast creation...
… which means you can try it at home now.
Monday 23rd March. Every single McDonald’s in the country close their doors for the foreseeable future because of the outbreak of Coronavirus.
Monday 6th April. We’re all absolutely gagging for a Big Mac, fries and a massive Vanilla Milkshake. But we’re also gagging for an Egg McMuffin or even 20 Nuggets with BBQ dip. Or how about just a couple of Double Cheeseburgers?
The Maccies desire has well and truly set in, and even with the recipe for Big Mac sauce – hangovers are looking to be very difficult situations for the time being.
But there is light at the end of this tunnel. Last week saw McDonald’s release the recipe for their outstanding Sausage & Egg McMuffin – and even though it contains exactly everything that you’d expect – it’s still brilliant and great.
So here it is – try it yourself and send us some pictures of how it goes…
– An English muffin
– 75g Sausage meat
– American Cheese Slice
– Salt & Pepper
1. Toast the English muffin until golden brown.
2. Season he sausage meat with a pinch of salt and pepper then shape into balls. Flatten into patty shapes and cook under a pre-heated grill for six to seven minutes on each side.
3. Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan. Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil. Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two-three minutes.
4. Assemble your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
5. To make a hash brown, grate the potato into a bowl. Mix in an egg, then season with salt and pepper. Heat a glug of oil in a pan then add spoonfuls of the mix. Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.