Hello Oriental is hosting a fundraising banquet boasting Manchester’s best East Asian and Southeast Asian food producers. The dinner is raising funds for Eat Well MCR - the non-profit organisation that provides chef made meals to people in need in the city.
Originally set to be held in September, the death of HRH The Queen meant the date was pushed back to November 30th, which has provided an opportunity to update the already impressive line-up.
Manchester artist and occasional DJ Stan Chow is now taking part in the feast, and will be selecting music throughout the dinner. Luxury restaurant Tattu also joins with its uniquely modern Chinese dishes, from colourful dim sum and luxurious small plates to contemporary large plates and tasty desserts.
Ricky Yip, co-owner of Hello Oriental said: "It's a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the food from across this region and showcase a small slice of what's on offer in Manchester."
The full line-up for the Hello Oriental banquet includes:
- Neon Tiger - A new urban drinking space serving rural Thai barbeque in the city.
- Hello Oriental - Hosts Hello Oriental offer uncensored authentic East Asian street food across three storeys.
- Tattu - Fusing traditional flavours, modern methods & exquisite presentation producing contemporary Chinese food.
- New Wave Ramen - Nominated best food trader at the Manchester Food and Drink awards, for their umami-rich ramen bowls served at Mackie Mayor.
- Tampopo - One of the originals to bring East Asian street food to Manchester, Tampopo have been delighting customers for 25 years with their fresh flavours from East Asia.
- Rice Over Everything - The Burmese born home cook known for her incredible chilli oils with focus on flavours with heat.
Diners can expect platters of sushi and sashimi, next level dim sum, fresh salads, umami-rich ramen, fiery aromatic curry and platters of fragrant rice with more dishes followed by a selection of desserts. Tickets are £65 each and include a welcome cocktails.
Funds raised from ticket sales will contribute to the work of Eat Well MCR, who continue to provide meals to people in need across Greater Manchester.
Eat Well MCR Asian banquet
Date: Wednesday 30th November
Venue: Hello Oriental
Time: 7.30pm - 10.30pm