Manchester Let’s Meditate is an online event open to all to support people during these difficult times, created in aid of Forever Manchester as a community and fundraising initiative.
Taking place over 7 days starting Monday 8th February, Manchester Let’s Meditate is conceived and developed by Forever Manchester supporter, Liane Grimshaw, a local small business owner who found meditation helped to overcome her own depression and anxiety.
We all know of the increased stresses and strains of these uncertain times and more people are suffering with stress, anxiety, sleep problems, and generally worrying about the future.
Most of us are stuck at home, working from home while juggling added pressures of childcare and isolated from our loved ones. You’re not alone if you find yourself struggling with negative thoughts and feelings.
But when everything seems out of our control and the uncertainty seems unbearable, there are tools which can help you cope. Meditation enables us to slow down, let our mind unwind and our body let go of stress.
Benefits of Meditation
• Calms your busy mind and helps you find a greater sense of peace
• Reduces stress, frustration, depression and pain while increasing happiness
• Heightens levels of acceptance and compassion
• Develops strength and confidence to deal with anything life throws at you
• Helps you learn how to let go of the things that no longer serve you
• Improves both the quantity and quality of your sleep
• Improves personal relationships
• Gives you greater control over emotional reactions to people and situations
• Reduces the physical and mental symptoms of stress and anxiety
• Improves memory, focus and concentration
• Helps you become more present and less distracted
• Helps you develop a greater sense of enjoyment in life
Liane Grimshaw, host and curator of Manchester Let’s Meditate, said “I lead a busy life with many challenges, and I can honestly say that meditation has saved my mind and improved my experience of life. I am bringing many outstanding teachers, who have given their time
and energy for free to support this event.”
Vicky Procter, Assistant Marketing Manager at Forever Manchester, said “Manchester Let’s Meditate encapsulates the essence of what fundraising for Forever Manchester is all about – helping local people do extraordinary things together. It’s a tough time for everyone and Manchester Let’s Meditate is all about developing skills to improve our mental wellbeing, learn about mindfulness and generally bring our community together for something positive albeit online. We encourage everyone to book a session and donate however much or little as you can.”
View this post on Instagram
So whether you’re already an expert in meditation or simply wanting to try something new for 2021, Manchester Let’s Meditate is the perfect event to learn skills for both body and mind to last a lifetime, all while raising money for Forever Manchester to fund and support our local communities across Greater Manchester.
Meditation is a skill anyone can develop and it’s a way of training the mind, exactly like you train your body in the gym – the more you do it, the greater the benefits you will enjoy.
Meditation costs nothing, can be done anywhere, by anyone, with no special equipment needed. You don’t have to be religious or into spirituality and science has proved its beneficial effect on our health, both physically and mentally.