MFDF will take place at Cathedral Gardens which will be the centre of the action and home to The Festival Hub - the free-to-enter, pop-up food and drink village.
A food and drink haven, Festival fans can expect plenty of booze bars including a huge Manchester beer bar, an incredible host of street food, an artisan food market, and live music. There will also be events taking place around the city.
Coffee Rave with Factory Coffee
Friday 16th, 12-3pm
MFDF Coffee Shop of the Year nominee, Factory Coffee, will be serving the ultimate pick-me-up with their viral ‘Coffee Rave’. Taking place on Friday 16th September, caffeine lovers should head on down to the Festival Hub from 12-3pm to enjoy a FREE coffee from one of Manchester’s ever growing coffee brands. As well as free espressos and flat whites, Factory Coffee have teamed up with the Rogue Artisan ice cream to offer festival go-ers an exclusive opportunity to try their incredible affogatos, all for free, whilst local DJ will be spinning the decks for the perfect soundtrack for your afternoon boost.
MFDF Curry Club
Tuesday 20th September, 7pm onwards
The Curry Club, taking place at the Festival Hub on Cathedral Gardens on 20th September from 7pm, features an exciting host of people and businesses from Manchester’s ever-growing Asian culinary scene. The line-up includes national favourite Dishoom, local gem Lily’s, The Little Sri Lankan, Aunty Ji’s, Nila’s Burmese Kitchen, and Cheeky Tikka.
Festival Fire Pit
Thursday 15th September - Sunday 18th September & Thursday 22nd - Sunday 25th September
After a scorching hot summer, MFDF is proud to present the first ever Festival Fire Pit, coming to the Hub for both long weekends to create the ultimate British barbie. Sponsored by Weber, one of the world’s leading barbecue specialists, the Festival Fire Pit will invite some of the region’s best loved chefs to cook over fire for a massive festival feast. Amongst those who will be bringing their own specialist BBQ flavours to the fire pit as part of Weber’s takeover are Caroline Martins, founder of the Sao Paolo Project, Francisco Martinez from Fazenda and Robert Owen Brown.
Eat Well MCR Fundraising Banquet
Tuesday 20th September, Hello Oriental, 7.30PM- 10.30PM
Nonprofit and social enterprise Eat Well MCR are back this year with another exciting fundraising feast as part of the 2022 Manchester Food and Drink Festival. The fundraising banquet, hosted by uber cool underground Chinese market hall Hello Oriental, will showcase Manchester’s best East Asian and Southeast Asian food producers.
This year will also see the return of the Manchester Beer Bar in The Festival Hub, sponsored by Mancunian brewery legends Joseph Holt.
To celebrate the festival’s big birthday, they’ll be brewing a special 25th anniversary beer, and serving it at the Hub alongside a handpicked selection of beers from 25 of Manchester’s best breweries.
The Hub will also be bringing together a host of incredible and eclectic street food fit for an anniversary Festival including Bab K, Herbivorous and Hip Hop Chip Shop...
MFDF Street Food Village
The Festival Hub’s epic village of street food vendors is also back, serving food from all over the world right in the heart of the city. From big juicy burgers to woodfired pizzas, and also Spanish, Cypriot, Italian and Ethiopian cuisines, MFDF are going big and treating Manchester foodies to dishes from all over the World for their 25th birthday bash this year…
Thursday 15th - Sunday 19th September
- Grandad Sausages - brilliant bangers made in Bury by the ultimate sausage aficionados - expect the best and most decadent dogs around
- Senor Paella - traditional and delicious Spanish paella
- I Knead Pizza - Neapolitan, wood-fired pizzas made with freshly made dough and locally sourced ingredients
- What’s Your Beef - serving their locally and ethically sourced grass-fed beef burgers.
- Oh My Glaze - bringing wraps, wings & halloumi to the celebrations
- Parmogeddon - Taking “Parmos”, a classic Northern Eastern treat, and finishing them off with loads of epic twists
- Herbivorous - 100% vegan comfort food from the best in the city.
- Bab K - Authentic Korean prepared using fresh, local ingredients
- Cha Cha Churros - Amazing, delicious vegan churros
- Spoon Desserts - Crepes and waffles with an array of sweet toppings.
Thursday 22nd - Sunday 25th September
- The Spinn - The Gatley-based indie restaurant & bar will be bringing their amazing trademark burgers to the festival
- Il Forno - Manchester’s very own mobile pizza van with its woodfired oven and Italian classic recipes
- Super Bao - Light and fluffy bao buns served with love, style and lip smacking fillings
- House of Habesha - Authentic Eritrean & Ethiopian soul food, that combines health, culture & heavenly flavours in all their dishes.
- Cyprus Kouzina - The very best in regional producers of Greek Cypriot street food
- Hip Hop Chip Shop - serving up uber cool twists of the classic Northern chippy tea
- Meksikan - Handcrafted tacos pieced together with mind blowing Mexican flavours at the heart
- Mi & Pho - Award-winning Vietnamese food made with high-quality, fresh ingredients
- Heavenly Indian -Delicious, authentic, Indian street food.
- Cafe Cannoli - The original Sicilian street food trader once more brings their famous cannoli to the Hub.
- Guzzle - Vintage caravan with a retro espresso machine serving hot drinks and ice cream for all tastes.
The Artisan Market
After the success of this free-to-enter, independent shopping experience at the Festival Hub last year, MFDF’s Artisan Market is back with some of the best independent food and drink businesses within the North West.
Taking place from Thursday 15th - 18th, and then the 2nnd - 25th, from midday to 7pm.
Split across two weekends you can expect….
- Dghnt MCR - Serving artisan brioche doughnuts made fresh every single day
- Paradiso Authentic Italian - Freshly made, authentic Italian desserts including their famous Tiramisu…. Bellissimo!
- The Flat Baker - Combining a taste of Brazil with the traditional classics of baking, The Flat Baker produce delicious artisan breads and pastries
- DevilDog Sauces - Small batch chilli sauces and seasonings made right here in Greater MCR
- Prodjuice Juicery - Cold pressed raw juices - juices for health
- Gourmet Jay - Award winning rolls, pies and pastries
- Two Lasses - Made-from-scratch British rum and rum liqueurs crafted and conceived by two Northern lasses
- Small Farmers Coffee - Jamaican Blue Coffee dealers
- The Doughnuteers - Handcrafted delicious doughnuts
- Global Nomad - Internationally Inspired Artisan Sauces, Spices & Preserves
- Ancoats Distillery -Luxury craft gins, rums, vodka and ales created and beautifully packaged down the road in Ancoats
- The Chocolate Cafe - Popular Ramsbottom dessert spot, serving hand-crafted chocolate made with the finest Colombian cocoa and very best British ingredients
- Prendi il Biscotti - Authentic, artisan Italian biscuits and sweet treats handmade in Saddleworth
- World Famous Hot Sauce - Small batch all natural, gluten free and vegan hot sauce from local legend Elliot Eastwick.
There's much, much more on the programme, including the Eat Well MCR Harvest Festival, £25 for 25 Years Offers across the city, and 'The Leftovers Kitchen' with Open Kitchen MCR. For the full programme, head on over to the MFDF website...