Sud, the hit Manchester pasta restaurant, will be opening up in the Exhibition food hall, it has revealed.
Owners had teased a new city centre location in recent weeks, and will now take over one of kitchens at the recently launched food hall and bar.
They’ll be cooking alongside Ramsbottom-born Basque kitchen Baraxturi and Scandi-inspired Prestwich spot OSMA, who also have space at Exhibition.
They’ll be bringing their ‘authentic cooking, creative flair and stone-cold classic dishes’ from August 28.
It’s the fourth spot for the Italian restaurant, founded by brothers Michael and Alex de Martiis in 2015, with its first restaurant opening up in Altrincham.
The brothers, who draw from their southern Italian heritage, then opened a second restaurant in Ancoats and a third in Sale last year.
“Three great kitchens, one beautiful building in the heart of Manchester and the chance to cook and serve some of our stone-cold classic dishes. – what’s not to love about that!?” said Alex.
It changed its name to Sud, from its original name Sugo, after a dispute with a Glasgow-based restaurant earlier this year.
In a message to followers, the brothers said at the time: “Same us, same mission, same pasta kitchen. From today our new name will be Sud Pasta.
“We’re aware that we can’t stop any speculation, however, all we’ll say is that our home is in the kitchen, not the boardroom.
“We love our new name. We love what it stands for. We love our ‘A Southern Italian Pasta Kitchen’.
“By the way, Sud means ‘south’ in Italian. More importantly, we’ve got a brand new menu format starting in March. The Sud pasta Spring menu. Love, light and appreciation. Michael and Alex.”