There's a new variation of the classic Espresso Martini - and it's mega...
The simple fact of the matter is that, officially, the Espresso Martini is the UK’s favourite cocktail. Perhaps its the big shot up the arse that the caffeine gives you, or the fact that they’re super-tasty – whatever it is, it seems that they’re set to stay at the top for a fair while longer.
Over the years you’ve probably tried a dazzling array of Espresso Martinis, with a seemingly endless list of variations to the classic that can be made. Well, thanks to the brilliant Ancoats’ spiced rum – The Public Spirit – we’ve got a new one for you to try!
So called because with every sale they give something back to the city’s most vulnerable, The Public Spirit have launched an Espresso Martini Kit, with £2.50 from every box sold going to ‘So Let’s Talk‘ providing mental, physical and financial health sessions to hospitality professionals.
The rum itself is the brainchild of a couple, Olly & Naomi, based in Ancoats, who came up with the idea during the first lockdown giving them the time to find their rum – a highly unique blend of both English & Spanish style rums which is pretty rare.
The couple personally handpicked rums from 5 different locations – Barbados, Jamaica, Panama, Trinidad and Venezuela – giving The Public Spirit the best of both worlds; with English-style ‘RUM’ tending to be relatively heavy in body, rich in flavour and strong in aroma, while Spanish-style ‘RON’ is typically lighter in body and perfect for cocktails.
So, let’s crack on with what you came here to know – how to make a wonderful Spiced Rum Espresso Martini…
25ml Public Spirit Originql Spiced Rum
25ml Mr Black Coffee Liquer
25ml Allpress Cold Brew
5ml Sugar Syrup (add more or less to taste)
1. Pour all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with a generous helping of ice.
2. Pop the top back on the shaker and give it an almighty shake until it’s ice cold and you have a thick crema.
3. Grab your strainer, pour into a chilled martini glass, and if you’re feeling fancy, garnish with a few coffee beans.
4. All that’s left is for you to enjoy the good stuff. Simple, easy and delicious.
The Public Spirit Espresso Martini Kit is available NOW and includes:
– 75ml bottle of Public Spirit Original Spiced Rum,
– 2x Allpress Iced Black Coffee,
– 2x Mr Black Coffee Liqueur,
– Monin Sugar Syrup, and an optional cocktail set.