Simon's Cauliflower Cheese
- 1 large cauliflower & Baby Leaves cut into florets - 500ml milk - 40g plain flour (Gluten free is possible) - 50g butter - 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard - 100g strong cheddar, grated - 20g Parmesan, Grated
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, cook the cauliflower for around 5 minutes until just softened, add in the baby leaves for the last 20 seconds
2. Drain the cauliflower, and place in an ovenproof dish. Heat oven to 220C
3. Take another 2 saucepans and place on the heat in one add your milk and heat and in the other add your butter and heat until foaming next add the flour and cook out your roux for 5 minutes stirring continuously
4. Slowly a little at a time add your hot milk in to the roux, Keep whisking the roux will become loose and the sauce will begin to thicken. Whisk until the sauce bubbles and becomes nice and thick next stir in your grated cheddar cheese mustard and parmesan and then pour over the cauliflower.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 20 mins until bubbling.......................... woodrestaurantgroup.com