- Brad Carter’s One Star Döner Bar will partner with Michelin-starred chef Tom Brown who founded Cornerstone in London, alongside renowned independent food consultant from Birmingham, Lap-fai Lee.
- Mary-Ellen McTague will pair with a couple of Sheffield’s finest, Bench founders Ronnie Aronica and Jack Wakelin.
- Famous for her South-East Asian cookery, Pippa Middlehurst ‘Pippy Eats’ returns to Kantina for a follow-up collaboration with Mi & Pho.
- The brand-new deep-fried and charcoal-grilled chicken trader, Lucky Foot, will pair up with Budgie Montoya who has been championing Filipino cuisine with his Sarap restaurant in London.
- The upscaled tacos from Madre will be teamed up with AngloThai’s co-founder and head chef John Chantarasak.
- The brilliant new collaboration concept at Escape to Freight Island, Carnival, will be headed by award-winning chef, butcher, restauranteur and food writer Richard Turner (ex-Hawksmoor).
- Plus, an exciting collaboration where Kantina will present ‘Sous Do Ray’s’ with sous chefs from some of the most celebrated restaurants in the country coming up with their own take on Voodoo Ray’s pizzas.A very special and limited Supper Club will be presented by Luke French, head chef and owner at the acclaimed JÖRO in Sheffield, which holds 3 AA Rosettes and Michelin Guide 2021 Recommended. JÖRO is known for combining local produce with Asian influences, with Luke French renowned as part of a new generation of modern British chefs who is pushing culinary boundaries. Furthermore, another exclusive collaboration will see the prestigious Soho House taking over and curating Escape to Freight Island’s bar in the sky at the Jane Eyre. Plus, Pomona Island taproom and natural wine bar by Jack Wakelin. For those with sweet tooths, a selection from Happy Endings, famous for their ice cream sandwiches will be available alongside offerings from Gooey and Batard. In true Escape to Freight Island style, the venue will host a vibrant roster of accompanying entertainment, from live performances to DJs, satellite events and more throughout the weekend. ........................... KANTINA at Escape to Freight Island Dates & Times: Friday 10th June (from 4pm until 1am), Saturday 11th June (from 12pm until 1am) Sunday 12th June (from 12pm until 9pm) Kantina 2022 entry ticket is FREE Book Now ...........................