Date: Wednesday 14th March 2012
Doors: 6:30 pm
Talk: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm + 15 minutes of Q+A with the audience
Location: Upstairs Bar, Revolution, 90-94 Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 5WH Panel:
Christina Parr – Fashion Designer – Rare
Christina is designer for popular highstreet womenswear brand Rare.
Rare is a boutique women’s fashion brand. The Rare style is influenced by both the catwalk and celebrities – creating on-trend looks. Rare have done collaborations with pop stars The Saturdays and can often be found on the pages of glossy magazines such as Grazia and Look.
Laura Fray – designer – Visage Group.
Laura has over 7 years experience predominantly working for high-street fashion suppliers, supplying for retailers such as Next and New Look.
Skilled in designing formal embellished jersey product for the company, Laura works closely with factories across the world ensuring her designs are created to the highest spec.
Now the design manager on the Marks and Spencer’s team for Visage, Laura leads the design process for the ladies jersey wear for the high-street giant.
Lisa Stannard – Designer – Lisa Stannard
Since graduating with a textiles degree Lisa has worked for Lily Allen, Matthew Williamson and MTV’s Whitney Port, designing illustrations and everything from clothes tags to fashion show backdrops to dresses.
Her career took off in 2010 with Whitney Eve, and since then she has worked in New York and Los Angeles helping Whitney’s vision come to life through her unique abstract prints and bold colour combinations. Lisa divides her time between her long-distance relationship with Whitney Eve and various freelance commissions, which have included ASOS, Miss Selfridge and Victoria’s Secret.
She regularly draws catwalk collections for Amelia’s Magazine, and recently illustrated for high street fashion chain Oasis’s ‘O Collections’ style magazine in association with the creative design agency Mill Co.
Chaired by Dale Hicks – MD – The Fashion Network.
• An insight into the day in the life of a designer
• All of the skills needed to make it
• Necessary education and qualifications
• The design opportunities that are out there
• How to start a label
• Some top tips known only by industry insiders
• Plus Q&A opportunities from the audience
Who should attend?
Anyone who is…
• Considering studying design at Uni.
• Currently studying design at college or university.
• Wanting to start their own label.
• Currently running their own label.
• Who wants to understand more about the process of design
• Looking to understand the process of designing a garment/collection.
• Wanting to learn how to PR and market a fashion label
If you think this event might be for you, it probably is.
How to buy tickets:
- Students: £6.00 – You must produce valid NUS or student card on arrival. You can book online below or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place and pay later
- Industry: £10.00 – To make payment please email@example.com
- MFN OFFER: Sign up to all five for £25.00 by firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is part of The Future Generation Series and is not eligible to Free Members Tickets. Full and Premium Members can receive 20% off Industry tickets. Please contact email@example.com for more details
Once you have paid online this will automatically secure you place and your name will be added to the guest list. Any questions should be directed firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This event is part of The Future Generation Series and is a paid event for all members of TFN.
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON….
Ticket Disclaimer: Please note TFN event ticket sales are non-refundable. You can however carry this ticket over to another TFN event of equal value.