BIG news craft beer fans! Those craft beer scamps, Brew Dog, who landed in Manchester earlier this summer, are teaming up with Trof – Manchester’s dons of good times and good nights, to bring you a night so good you couldn’t dream that it would exist; until now.
Thursday 23 Aug marks the day these two super brands will come together at Trof’s Deaf Institute for the ultimate night of food and beer matching. Together they will turn the upstairs music space into a Victorian beer hall for one night of booze, food and old fashioned fun.
So what will the night feature? Well there’s going to be half pints of Brew Dog’s award-winning draft beers for you to drink, samples of some of their shorter run, stronger stuff and possibly a few rarities thrown in for good measure. PLUS each beer will be matched with a food AND cooked with; opening you up to a whole host of flavour combinations to excite you more than naked beer wrestling.
So what can you expect?
- Mini Yorkshire puddings with pork and sage chipolatas, tomato, apple and 5 A.M chutney; matched with 5 A.M hoppy amber ale.
- Punk IPA battered haddock goujons with homemade tartare sauce. Matched with Punk IPA; a contradictory, contemporary take on classic India Pale Ale.
- Mature cheddar cheese rarebit. Matched with Hardcore, another, even more radical IPA crafted on a rich, toffee canvas.
- Individual Lancashire cheese hot pots with homemade pickled Dogma cabbage. Matched with Dogma, a heather infused Scotch ale, at a heart stopping 7.4 per cent.
- Cheeses from near and far with assorted Alice Porter chutneys; matched with Alice Porter, a unique take on the traditional drink from the British Isles.
- Frosted chocolate brownie. Matched with Lost Dog, an imperial porter with notes of red berries that has been created in collaboration with the award-winning Lost Abbey brewery.
How do you get an invite? Buy your tickets HERE for £20 a pop (pretty cheap considering how much you get for that) but they are STRICTLY LIMITED, so get yours now.
But wait – we got a pair of tickets to give away! That’s right; you could be going for FREE with a friend of your choosing (maybe someone who’s teetotal so you can, ahem, ‘help’ them with their drinks). All you need to do is comment on this post or tweet us on @McrFinest