During September and October 2017, and joining hundreds of restaurants across the nation, Manchester restaurants including Tattu, Menagerie and The Refuge will support Action Against Hunger by giving customers the opportunity to add a small donation to their bill or offering certain dishes where a percentage of the cost goes to Action Against Hunger’s Healthy Mums Healthy Kids appeal.
What’s more, UK aid, from the Department for International Development, will match every penny raised by the British public in the appeal, helping Action Against Hunger to eradicate life-threatening malnutrition from Matam, a province in north-eastern Senegal.
Here's a list of the venues taking place around the city:
- Iberica Manchester, 14-15 The Avenue
- Shoryu Manchester, 1 Piccadilly Garden
- Lunya Manchester, Barton Arcade
- Fazenda Manchester, The Avenue
- Neighbourhood, The Avenue North
- Scene, Unit 4A Leftbank
- Menagerie Restaurant & Bar, One New Bailey
- Cafe Football National Football Museum, National Football Museum
- Cafe Football Old Trafford, 99 Sir Matt Busby Way
- Grafene, 6, 55 King St
- Tattu Manchester, Gartside Street
- The Refuge, Oxford St
- Pot Kettle Black, 14 Barton Arcade
- Bundobust Manchester, 61 Piccadilly
- Pho - Manchester, Unit 15 - The Corn Exchange
- Sakana, 23 Peter St
- Burger and Lobster Manchester, Ship Canal House
- Mylahore Manchester, 14-18 Wilmslow Road
- King Street Tavern, King Street Townhouse
- Don Giovanni, Peter House
- Hawksmoor Manchester, 184-186 Deansgate
- Beastro Irwell Square, Leftbank
Matthew White, Director of Fundraising and Communications at Action Against Hunger, said: “Many children in Matam suffer from life-threatening malnutrition. Our Healthy Mums Healthy Kids appeal aims to provide young mums in Senegal with good nutrition and support so their children can have a healthy start in life.
“All you have to do is eat out at your favourite participating restaurant and as a result help mums and kids have healthier, happier futures.”
Diners will also have the fantastic chance to win dinner for two at a top restaurant every month for a year by following @ACF_UK on Twitter or Instagram and sharing a photo of the restaurant they are dining at with the hashtag #LoveFoodGiveFood.